Skip to main content

How to make Hotteok ( Korean pancake)

Hi guys!
     Today I'm going to upload another recipe. This is one of my favorites food from Korea called Hotteok (almost all the recipes that I share is my favorite food, I'm sorry guys hehe). I think I really influenced by Korea especially their food. When I watched Korean variety show or maybe a drama I always see the actors or the comedian eats hotteok. They eat hotteok when they visited traditional market or when they stroll around the street, and the hotteok is always made by Ahjumma or Ahjussi. Ahjumma is old lady and ahjussi is old man. Every time they eat the hotteok, they never wait until the hotteok is cold and eat it while the hotteok still hot (recomended!). 
     Hotteok is street food made from flour-oil-water and it's has a many types of filling, then we fry and press it with a  tools that have a unique shapes so the roundy ball batter becoming thin. Crispy on the outside and fluffy soft on the inside. There's a lot filling for hotteok like brown sugar or chocolate or maybe kimchi! Sounds supersuper tasty right? :D

Ok, I'm craving this hotie crispy-soft hotteok when I write this blog...

In this recipe I will share to you how to make chocolate hotteok. Let's get started :)

Ingredients:
◇ 2 cups all purpose flour
◇ 2 tbsp sugar
◇ 1 tbsp oil
◇ 2 tsp dry yeast
◇ 1 tsp salt
◇ 1 cup warm water
◇ chocolate or brown sugar for the filling

Steps:
◇ First put the warm water into a bowl then mix it with dry yeast, sugar, salt and oil. Stir it until the yeast is activated.
◇ And then pour the flour into the yeast mixture. Mix them well.
◇ After we mix all the ingredients we need to close the bowl with lid or wraps until the dough rises. We need 1 hours in room temperature.
◇ One hour after the dough will doubled it size. We need to stir it so the gas came out.
◇ Prepare the filling into a small bowl.
◇ Cut the dough into 8 pieces or whatever you want, if you want it more small you can cut it into 10 or 12 batter. Then roll it so we can put the filling inside. And then stick the dough together like a balls.
◇ On the stove preheat the pan. And pour just a little amount of oil.
◇ Put the ball that we make into the pan. Wait a second then press it (I don't have that special press tools so I just press it with spatula) . Flip it an press again.
◇ Hotteok is ready to serve!♡



Love



Sekar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aglio Olio Recipe

AGLIO OLIO PASTA  It's been a while since the last time I uploaded a recipe in this blog. As always, I'll share to you guys how to make easiest recipe that I know, and today I'm going to share how to make Aglio Olio pasta. Actually Aglio Olio is not my favorite pasta, my favorite one is bolognese,because bolognese contains a lots of tomato and meat and I can add more vegetable like corn and carrot.The reason I choose to upload Aglio Olio recipe is because I don't have tomato on my fridge hehehe.  Aglio Olio is traditiona Italian pasta. The dish is made by lightly sauteeing sliced, minced, or pressed garlic in olive oil, sometimes with the addition of dried red chili flakes, and tossing with spaghetti. Finely chopped parsley can also be added as a garnish, along with grated parmesan, although according to some traditional recipes, cheese should not be added (Wikipedia). At first the type of spaghetti that I was going to use is spinach fettuccine but in the

Lunch box for today: Jumoekbab a.k.a Korean Rice Balls ^^

     When I'm so busy and don't have much time to cooking, I usually makes something that super easy but tasty and healthy too (mostly not hehe). So today I decided to make jumoekbab. Jumeokbab is one of the Korean recipes that I know since I was a little. Because it's super easy and I don't need to cook the ingredients. Even when I was a little kid, I can make it. When I bring it to my school and the lunch time comes, my friends are going crazy because they super liked it. It's like if I bring 15 balls of jumoekbab they only left 2 balls for me to eat hahaha.  I don't know this is because my jumoekbab is amazingly tasty or they are just super hungry (still a mystery) :).  Why kids love jumoekbab is because the  delicious  ingredients like rice, any types of meats (whatever you like) or veggies and then mix it up with a loooots of mayo! that's why this is one of my favorite recipes, I don't have to wasting so much time when I make this cutie balls. J

How to make tteokbokki

TTEOKBOKKI Today I'm going to share to you guys how to make tteokbokki. If you a big fans of Korean things, you must know what this red-spicy-chewy food.  Tteokbokki is the most popular Korean snacks that usually sold in street and a lots of people love it. Tteokbokki has unique flavor, it has sweet,spicy and little bit salty. Tteok (the silinder things) made from sticky rice flour. We can make it by ourselves or buy it on Korea grocery store like LOTTE. So let's start :) Ingredients: ◇ 2 bolied eggs ◇ 1 sheets eommuk or if you don't have it you can use fish balls ◇ 1/2 bratswurst sausage (optional) ◇ 8 chilli pepper ◇ 2 tbsp Gochujang (Korean pepper paste) ◇ 1 tbsp Gochugaru (Korean pepper flakes) ◇ 1 tbsp sugar (if you don't like it to sweet, you can adjust to you preferences) ◇ 1 1/2 cups water ◇ 1 cup tteok ◇ 3 green onion cut it big ◇ 1 cup of cabbage steps: ◇ First on small bowl we mix the Gochujang, Gochugaru, sugar and